This module provides a high level examination of the legal and regulatory responsibilities regarding anti-competitive activity relating to those firms and individuals operating in the financial services sector. This module examines the important relationship between effective risk management and the avoidance of anti-competitive activity.
Learning Outcomes for this module include:
– Gain an understanding of what is meant by the term ‘anti-competitive activity’ and the disclosure requirements associated with anti-competitive activity.
– Discover the potential implications of anti-competitive behaviour on providers and consumers of Financial Services
– Gain an understanding of the Competition Act 1998 and the Enterprise Act 2002 as well as Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) for detailed investigation.
– Gain an overview of the CMA’s role and powers and its relationship with the FCA.
– Take a look at the establishment, maintenance and internal communication of a firm’s Anti-Competitive Activities Policy.
Ah snap, you aren't signed in
Want to know more? Let's get you signed in